1) Original Research-Basic Science: Plasma-based biomaterials for the treatment of cutaneous radiation injury
Eric D. Miller, MD, PhD1 ; Feifei Song, MS1; Jason D. Smith, PhD2,3; Ahmet S. Ayan, PhD1; Xiaokui Mo, PhD4; Michael Weldon, MS1; Lanchun Lu, PhD1; Phil G. Campbell, PhD2; Aashish D. Bhatt, MD1; Arnab Chakravarti, MD1; Naduparambil K. Jacob, PhD1
1. Department of Radiation Oncology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio,
2. Engineering Research Accelerator, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania,
3. Carmell Therapeutics, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and the Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
2) Biomaterials: An off-the-shelf plasma-based material to prevent pacemaker pocket infection
David Schwartzman a, A. William Pasculle b, Kyra D. Ceceris c, Jason D. Smith c, Lee E. Weiss d, Phil G. Campbell e, *
a Heart, Lung and Vascular Medicine Institute, University of Pittsburgh, UPMC Presbyterian, B535, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
b Division of Clinical Microbiology, University of Pittsburgh, Rm 6025, 3477 Euler Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, US
c Carmell Therapeutics Corporation, 3636 Boulevard of the Allies, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
d The Robotics Institute and Dept. of Biomedical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
e The Institute for Complex Engineered Systems and Dept. of Biomedical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
3) A Plasma-Based, Amiodarone-Impregnated Material Decreases Susceptibility to Atrial Fibrillation in a Post-Cardiac Surgery Model
David Schwartzman, MD,* Vinay Badhwar, MD,*Þ Robert L. Kormos, MD,*Þ Jason D. Smith, PhD,þ Phil G. Campbell, PhD,þ§|| and Lee E. Weiss, PhD
Copyright © 2016 by the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery.
1) Evaluating the Efficacy of Different Platelet-Rich Plasma Regimens for Management of Androgenetic Alopecia: A Single-Center, Blinded, Randomized Clinical Trial.
Dermatol Surg. 2018 Sep;44(9):1191-1200. doi: 10.1097/DSS.0000000000001567. Hausauer AK1,2, Jones DH2,3.
2) Randomized Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind, Half-Head Study to Assess the Efficacy of Platelet-Rich Plasma on the Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia
Rubina Alves, MD and Ramon Grimalt, MD, PhD. Department of Dermatology, Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain
© 2016 by the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Inc. Published by Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc. All rights reserved. ISSN: 1076-0512 Dermatol Surg 2016;42:491–497
3) The Effect of Platelet-Rich Plasma in Hair Regrowth: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial
Pietro Gentile,a,b Simone Garcovich,c Alessandra Bielli,d Maria Giovanna Scioli,d Augusto Orlandi,d Valerio Cervellia Stem Cells Translational Medicine 2015;4:1–7 www.stemcellstm.com
4) Cosmetic – Evaluating Platelet-Rich Therapy for Facial Aesthetics and Alopecia: A Critical Review of the Literature
Catherine C. Motosko, B.S., Kimberly S. Khouri, B.S., Grace Poudrier, B.A., Sammy Sinno, M.D., Alexes Hazen, M.D. New York, N.Y. Copyright © 2018 American Society of Plastic Surgeons.